By Jared Turner
- Martin Truex Jr. dominated last year’s Bojangles’ Southern 500 and arrives at Darlington this year as the points leader and a strong favorite.
- Riding high from his recent win at Michigan, Kyle Larson is seeking to score his first career victory at a track not two miles in length.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. has come close but never been to Victory Lane at Darlington, a track where his legendary father won nine times and enjoyed many great moments.
- Like Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott has a family history with Darlington that runs deep. He’ll be running a paint scheme honoring his father, Bill, a five-time Darlington winner.
- Undoubtedly still on Cloud 9 from his triumph in the Bristol night race, Kyle Busch is arguably the series’ hottest driver at present.
Driver To Beat: Kyle Busch
Team To Beat: Joe Gibbs Racing
Sleeper: Joey Logano