By Jared Turner
- No one has been more potent at Dover through the years than six-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, who owns a record 10 wins here and prevailed most recently in May 2015.
- Matt Kenseth won at Dover in May and returns to the Monster Mile this weekend on the heels of a second-place finish last weekend at New Hampshire. He’ll be tough; you can count on it.
- Fresh off a huge victory at New Hampshire, Kevin Harvick returns to Dover where he’s the defending winner of the fall race in which he led a whopping 355 of 400 laps.
- Kyle Busch hasn’t won at Dover since 2010 but the reigning Sprint Cup champ is a two-time winner here nevertheless, and always tends to bring his “A” game on concrete racing surfaces.
- Martin Truex Jr. opened the Chase with a win at Chicagoland and was in contention for the victory at New Hampshire. Truex’s first career Sprint Cup win came at Dover in 2007.
Driver To Beat: Jimmie Johnson
Team To Beat: Hendrick Motorsports
Sleeper Pick: Carl Edwards