November 11, 2019
By Jared Turner
- Kyle Busch won at Homestead for the first time with his memorable championship drive one year ago. He might need a repeat performance in South Florida to repeat as Sprint Cup champion.
- Of the Championship 4, Carl Edwards has the best resume at Homestead Miami Speedway – where he’s a two-time race winner but hasn’t won since 2010 with Roush Fenway Racing.
- Joey Logano has only one top-five finish in seven starts at Homestead, but that finish – a fourth – came last season. Fresh off a win at Phoenix, he’s arguably hottest among the Championship 4.
- It’s hard to believe there’s actually a track where Jimmie Johnson has never won, but that’s the case with Homestead-Miami Speedway. But as a six-time champ, it’s still hard to bet against him.
- The driver most likely to play the role of spoiler this weekend is Denny Hamlin, who is a two-time winner at Homestead and was eliminated in the Round of 8.
Driver To Beat: Carl Edwards
Team To Beat: Joe Gibbs Racing
Sleeper Pick: Alex Bowman