- Before faltering late at Atlanta, Kevin Harvick was virtually untouchable. Expect the 2014 series champion to be extra motivated to close the deal at Las Vegas, where he went to Victory Lane back in 2015.
- Riding high on the heels of a come-from-behind victory at Atlanta, Brad Keselowski returns to Las Vegas a winner in two of his last three trips to Sin City.
- Jimmie Johnson leads all drivers with four premier series wins at Vegas. None of those wins has come since 2010, however, when the Hendrick Motorsports driver last triumphed at the 1.5-mile track.
- A Las Vegas native, Kyle Busch scored his first and only victory to date at his home track back in 2009. Busch is looking to get his season on track after rough outings at Daytona and Atlanta.
- Chase Elliott came painfully close to his first career premier series win in both the Daytona 500 and again last weekend at Atlanta. Eventually, things have to break the second-generation driver’s way.
Driver To Beat: Kevin Harvick
Team To Beat: Stewart-Haas Racing
Sleeper: Kyle Larson